Delivery Driver - Part Time - Radway Bridge Garden Centre
We currently have a vacancy for a part time delivery driver here at Radway Bridge Garden Centre & Country Stores.
The role is part time with the opportunity for hours to increase as the role progresses'
Currently we only offer deliveries on Mondays and extra days in our busy season March - July and then again around the festive period in December
- Carrying out deliveries to Garden Centre customers.
- Collating goods together from either store or customer order points in store.
- Planning of delivery routes and loading of van to ensure most efficient journey plan.
- Care of delivery vehicles including regular maintenance /check and recording appropriately. Informing your line manager of any issues.
- Will require some weekend work in busy periods.
- Will be required to help out elsewhere in store and warehouse when needed.
- Heavy lifting and manual handling will be required.
- Carrying out other delivery/collection work for the garden centre when needed.
- Customer facing role may also be required in busy period.
- Checking in and out deliveries.
- Full CLEAN uk drivers licence – no points.
- Preferred 1 year of delivery driver experience.
- Forklift license an advantage.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work independently or within a team.
- Must be good at problem solving/resolving issues.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be punctual and have good time management skills.
- Must be able to follow policies and procedures.
- Must be able to lift heavy items.
- Positive attitude alongside a hardworking and flexible approach
Benefits for joining our fast growing, family run, independent Garden Centre:
- Pension available.
- Generous Staff Discount
- Holiday Pay
- Team social Events
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Staff uniform provided.
To apply please fill in the attached application form with a covering letter.
START DATE TBC
Apply for this vacancy
Do you want to respond to this vacancy? Please fill out this form completely and your information will be sent to the garden centre.